Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
Credit&Collections Rep in Savannah, GA
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelors degree preferred.Entry level credit and collections position.
- Additional commercial credit and collections experience preferred.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required.
The purpose of the position is to monitor company trade accounts receivable for assigned accounts to verify that receivables are paid according to applicable payment terms, and where not paid according to terms, initiate appropriate credit and collection actions. Also, position to evaluate incoming orders for credit approval based on corporate credit policy, and to enforce corporate credit policy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Monitors the credit status of assigned customer accounts and develops a communication plan to ensure timely invoice payments and identification and elevation of disputes or payment (cash flow) issues.
2) Follows established credit department procedures in evaluating orders referred to Credit for approval. Seeks guidance of lead or manager in situations requiring judgment due to impact on future customer relationship.
3) Coordinates with customer and collects on past due accounts. Identifies problem accounts, and initiates appropriate collection actions in accordance with guidance from lead or manager.
4) Facilitates resolution of disputes by documenting details regarding disputes and notifying appropriate operations personnel for resolution. Monitors status to ensure timely resolution.
5) Facilitates communication between customer personnel and operations personnel.
6) Performs basic reporting of account status (aging, analysis) and reconciliations;
1) Exhibits timely decision making appropriate for circumstances in accordance with Corporate Credit policy.
2) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Strong systems aptitude and ability to quickly learn new systems applications is required. Proficiency with Oracle Accounts Receivable software or comparable product preferred.
2) A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
Requisition Number 29462
Percentage of Travel 1-25